- Do you wish to try a water sport in future?
- Which form of water sport have you tried/ or you would like to try?
- Why do you think people have a good time near water?
- Do you think indulging in water sports creates any sort of pollution?
- Have you gone for a morning walk ever?
- Why do you think doctors advise on active lifestyles include brisk walking?
- What will happen if we stop walking and use motorized aids for such activities?
- Is walking or jogging more beneficial according to you?
- Can learning languages help us?
- Do you think learning languages has become a trend more than a need?
- Have you learned a new language ever or do you wish to?
- Do you think knowing languages allow effective conversations?
Movies & Actors
- Do you like watching movies?
- Where do you usually watch them?
- Who is your favourite actor and why?
- Would you only watch movies that cast your favourite actors?
- What movies do you not like watching?
- Do you like reading books?
- What kind of books do you like to read?
- Where do you like to read books?
- Have you had family members with reading habits?
- Do you spend time at a library and read books or do you prefer buying them?
- Do you like eating cakes?
- Do you know how to bake a cake?
- When do you usually eat cakes?
- What is your favourite kind of cake?
- Is a cake a part of celebrations at your home?
- Do you have a variety of cakes available in your hometown?
- Do youngsters prefer and wear jeans in your hometown?
- How often do you wear them?
- Are they comfortable to wear?
- Do you buy jeans for yourself often?
- Do you buy them online or offline? Why?
- Did you wear them during your school years?
- Why do you think it has become so popular all over the world?
- Are you fond of art?
- Is it necessary to have art classes in school years?
- Do you think children benefit from this?
- How often do you visit art galleries?
- Do you like drawing and painting?
- What would you like to draw or paint?
- Did you like science as a subject back in school? /Did you enjoy learning science in primary or high school?
- Do you think it is important to study science?
- What kind of science lessons did you take at school?
- How has science helped you to learn better?
- How often do you send text messages to people?
- Who do you send the most messages to?
- When do you think you will send a message next to someone?
- Do you prefer to call a person or send him a message?
- How has texting and messaging benefitted you the most?
Pens and Pencils
- Do you usually use a pen or a pencil?
- Which do you prefer, pen or pencils?
- When was the last time you bought a pen or pencil?
- Do you think using pencils or pens give an impressive writing layout?
- How would you feel if someone gave you a pen as a gift?
- When you were a child, did you enjoy learning history?
- Have you ever been to a museum to learn about history?
- Have you ever watched movies related to history?
- When was the last time you read a book about history?
- Do you think history is important?
- Do you usually make your friends laugh?
- Are you the kind of person who makes people laugh?
- When was the last time you laughed?
- In what situations do people laugh?
- Do you like to make people laugh?
- Do you think it’s important for friends to have the same sense of humour?
- Are you a patient person?
- Who in your family is the most patient?
- What kinds of jobs require patience?
- Why should one be patient with little children and old people?
- In what ways has this virtue helped you?
- Who is more patient – men or women?
- How do you feel when one is not patient with others?
- Do you like perfumes?
- Do you usually wear perfume?
- How much money do you spend on buying perfumes or body sprays?
- Have you ever given perfume as a gift to someone?
- Would you ever consider giving perfume as a gift to someone?
Rubbish & Recycling
- Do you practice rubbish recycling at home?
- Are people in your country aware of the importance of rubbish recycling?
- How can it benefit the environment if we segregate waste and effectively recycle it?
- Are students in your country taught about waste management?
- Why should such an idea be made compulsory?
- Do you often send or receive emails?
- Is it common for you to email people?
- How soon do you answer your emails?
- Has an email ever made you happy?
- Do you like to get emails or texts?
- At what age did you start studying mathematics?
- Do you like mathematics? Why / why not?
- Is it necessary for everyone to learn mathematics?
- Do you prefer to use a calculator when doing mathematics?
- Which social media websites do you use?
- How much time do you spend on social media sites?
- What kind of information about yourself have you put on social media?
- Is there anything you don’t like about social media?
- How many hours do you usually sleep?
- What time do you go to bed?
- Do you go to bed at the same time every day?
- Do you ever have a nap during the day?
- Do you think it is important to sleep?
- Should older people sleep more than children?
Family & Relatives
- Do you live in a large or nuclear family?
- Are you close to your family members?
- How did family members help you?
- Do you think it is beneficial to have relatives as neighbours?
- What kind of things do you like doing with family and relatives/ cousins?
- Do you have a good connection with your relatives?
- Can you recognize the voices of people you know over phone calls?
- Have you tried noticing a bird’s voice?
- Do you think we can recall other’s voices even if they are not around?
- Do scary voices and dubbings in movies make you fearful?
- How do intonation and stress help you while you voice out your opinion?
- What’s your favourite colour? Why?
- Do you like the same colours now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]
- What can you learn about a person from the colours they like?
- Do any colours have a special meaning in your culture?
Tea and Coffee
- What do you usually drink, tea or coffee?
- When did you last have tea/ coffee?
- What are the advantages/ disadvantages of having tea/coffee?
- Would you offer tea or coffee to someone who comes to your home?
- Would you step out to have coffee/tea from a cafe?
- Are you comfortable sharing stuff with others?
- What was the last thing you remember you shared with someone?
- What is your personal opinion on sharing?
- Should children share food in school?
- Is technology a hindrance to this virtue of sharing?
- Tell me about the most important festival in your country?
- What special food and activities are connected with this festival?
- What do you most enjoy about it?
- Do you think festivals are important for a country? [Why?]
Continue to Page 5