We DO NOT share your email id with third parties
and we email you once a week.
Latest IELTS Speaking Cue Card 2020
Question – Describe A Time You Set A Goal For Yourself
- When did you set a goal?
- What was the goal?
- How did you work for it?
- Explain why was it important to you?
This article would help you frame an answer for the IELTS Speaking Cue Card 2020 question. The sample answer – Describe A Time You Set A Goal For Yourself
Sample Answer – Describe A Time You Set A Goal For Yourself
Don’t want to read! That’s alright, listen to the Answer for the IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue Card topic – Describe A Time You Set A Goal For Yourself, here.
When did you set a goal?
Since school years, most of us are ardent on setting a goal for ourselves. I remember one such time when I was planning to get into a fine institution after my undergraduate study.
What was the goal?
I had to prepare for a national level competitive exam. It is popularly known as the CAT Exam through which you can pursue graduate specialisation studying in prestigious colleges in India. I aimed to clear this test with a minimum of 80 percentile. Such a score would help me get into the college I desired for, called Loyola in Chennai, India.
How did you work for it?
Well, to get through such a percentile in the very first attempt is seen impossible by most aspirants. But I was determined to give the best and decided to aim for the stars. I scheduled a thorough preparation plan for myself that had me wake up by five in the morning and start the sectional practice. I had my day planned until eight in the night with priority intervals for just half-hour. I knew this was going to be rigorous for me but also believed that discomfort is the only way to achieve something passionately.
Explain why was it important to you?
It was the most crucial goal that I had then because this was the path that would reward me with a job that I want to do and above all, excel in. I intended to specialise in Economics. I knew that was the door that’ll take me down the rabbit hole but assured success was right there at the bottom of the abyss. Professional excellence is what I had sought. I made sure this was the apt way to get through it. Indeed, this was a time when I set a goal for myself wholeheartedly.
Such a response would be enough to answer the question, Describe A Time You Set A Goal For Yourself. The 4 points discussed above answer all the sub-questions in the IELTS speaking module and you should construct the answer, similarly. Also, note the vocabulary and idioms used for this question below.
- Ardent – very enthusiastic or passionate
- Undergraduate – a university student who has not yet taken a degree
- Pursue – follow or chase someone or something
- Prestigious – having high status
- Percentile – a measure in statistics
- Aspirant – a person who has ambitions to achieve something
- Thorough – complete with regard to every detail
- Priority – the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important than others
- Rigorous – extremely diligent and careful
- Abyss – deep or seemingly bottomless surface
- Sought – attempt to find
- Apt – appropriate or suitable in the circumstances
- Wholeheartedly – with complete sincerity and commitment
- Aim for the stars – Don’t limit yourself—aspire to achieve greatness, even if it seems impossible or impractical
- Down the rabbit hole – To enter into a situation or begin a process or journey that is particularly strange, difficult, complex, or chaotic, especially one that becomes increasingly so, as it develops or unfolds. (An allusion to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.)
Good Luck, and do well in the IELTS Test. Score a band 7 in speaking.
Angel Joseph – AskLearning
Angel Joseph is an experienced IELTS Trainer from Cochin in Kerala, India. She is a Cambridge certified agent and holds a Masters in International Business from LSBU University, London. In addition, she is a TESOL Canada certified trainer of English as a Second Language for non-native users. Her schooling was based in Apeejay School, Faridabad and under-graduate years in the enthralling Delhi University Campus. Previously, she had worked with Hewlett-Packard in London, Monster Inc. in Kochi, Aakash Education Services in Kochi, with more than 10 years of experience in the Training and Education domain. She loves to engage with her students and always has a trick up her sleeve, to help you with your IELTS preparation. As a result, she is a seasoned teacher of English and is overly capable of getting rid of your fear of speaking and interacting in English. You may contact Angel on her Official email id.
Angels School of Knowledge – We are a language school located in Kochi, Kerala, and we provide the best IELTS coaching in Edappally, Kochi. Our specialized training would let you score higher in the IELTS test and make you cross the dreaded band 7 in IELTS. If you are looking for an 8777 in IELTS, then we are your best bet!
Find us on your favourite Social media platform