Occupational English Test is an English Language test for healthcare professionals and tests you in four skills – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Angels School of Knowledge provides specialised training and extensive practise materials for this test.
OET is owned by Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment Trust. The test is comprised of simulated situations a professional might come across in a Healthcare and Medical profession.
General info on PTE test
There are four sections to the OET test. Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking. Each section is graded individually.
Occupational English Test
This test is mostly for healthcare professionals, applying for work in some specific countries only including UK & Ireland, Australia & NZ, Dubai & Singapore.
Occupational English Test – The Test is approximately 3 hours long with 4 sections
Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing.
Approximately 50 Minutes
Two parts, Part A and Part B.
- In Part A, you hear a simulated conversation between a medical professional and a patient. You are supposed to make notes under the headings provided in the test.
- In Part B, you hear a talk on healthcare and answer some open-ended and fixed choice questions.
Approximately 20 minutes
- You need to attend a one on one interview with the examiner. It starts with a small introduction and followed by two role plays.
- Role plays are usually 5 minutes and related to healthcare situations. Here you take the role of a healthcare professional and the examiner plays the patients role.
- You get two to three minutes between each role play.
By now, you know what the test is all about!
Read the next article on Roadmap to OET, which answers the next set of questions: What is the score that I need? What is my present level of English?
If this write-up helped you then do yourself a favour and subscribe to our newsletter. We send one email a week where you get the latest news and updates on OET, practice materials and content. To subscribe to our blog, scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in your name and email. The first thing you get is an E-book with important information on the OET test and some practice material to get you started.