Latest IELTS Speaking Cue Card 2020
Describe a journey you made by public transport
Question – Describe a journey you made by public transport
- When did you make this journey?
- Where did you go and who was with you?
- Why did you make this journey?
- Explain how did you feel?
This article would help you frame an answer for the IELTS Speaking Cue Card 2020 question. The sample answer describes A Journey you made by public transport.
Sample Answer – Describe a journey you made by public transport
Don’t want to read! That’s alright, listen to the Answer for the IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue Card topic – Describe a journey you made by public transport, here.
When did you make this journey?
I usually use a car for personal travel to go to the office or elsewhere for fun. But there are times when we cannot always rely on private vehicles and have to opt for public transportation that’s available and solves the purpose. I remember that we planned to fly during the Christmas holidays in December last year. It was an afternoon flight.
Where did you go and who was with you?
My family and I planned to visit one of our friends in Mumbai, the largest and busiest city in India. We are a small household that includes my son, my husband and I.
Why did you make this journey?
We were looking forward to this trip. To imagine meeting our buddies after three long years and spending quality time with them, was truly amazing. As an icing on the cake, they both were expecting their first child too. This news had made the journey worthwhile.
Explain how did you feel?
To be frank, it was my first plane trip to another city from our hometown. So, all my excitement regarding the size of the aircraft, meeting crew members wearing dapper uniforms, and watching so many people on-board seemed reasonable. From the time we embarked, I was delighted to see the plane take-off and my eyes were glued on the window until we were obscured in the clouds. I had countless questions in mind about how the toilet systems work in the air to how long would it take us to see the land once again. My husband and son could feel the exhilaration I experienced during the travel. Finally, we landed. I still recall turning my gaze, again and again, while we were headed towards the airport arrivals. I told my folks that it was indeed the best public travel experience I had until now.
Such a response would be enough to answer the question, Describe a journey you made by public transport. The 4 points discussed above answer all the sub-questions in the IELTS speaking module and you should construct the answer, similarly. Also, note the vocabulary and idioms used for this question below.
- Rely- depend on with full trust or confidence
- Opt- make a choice from a range of possibilities
- Household- a house and its occupants regarded as a unit
- Buddies- a close friend
- Quality Time- time in which one’s child, partner, or other loved person receives one’s undivided attention, in such a way as to strengthen the relationship
- Worthwhile- worth the time, money, or effort spent; of value or importance
- Dapper- neat and trim in dress and appearance
- Embarked- go on board a ship or aircraft
- Delighted- please (someone) greatly.
- Obscured- not discovered or known about; uncertain
- Exhilaration- making one feel very happy, animated, or elated; thrilling
- Gaze- look steadily and intently, especially in admiration, surprise, or thought
- Folks- people
- Icing on the cake- Something positive that enhances a situation that’s already good
Good Luck, and do well in the IELTS Test. Score a band 7 in speaking.
Angel Joseph – AskLearning
Two words that describe Angel are – people’s person and kind-hearted. As the co-founder and head Speaking coach at Asklearning, she backs up her sessions with tricks to help you speak your mind. Being a mom, an entrepreneur and an orator, she teaches her students to overcome naysayers always. Her sessions are lively and fun-filled, and her feedbacks are witty. You may contact Angel on her Official email id.
Angels School of Knowledge – We are a language school located in Kochi, Kerala, and we provide the best IELTS coaching in Edappally, Kochi. Our specialized training would let you score higher in the IELTS test and make you cross the dreaded band 7 in IELTS. If you are looking for an 8777 in IELTS, then we are your best bet!
Find us on your favourite Social media platform