If you are a meticulous candidate preparing for IELTS, whether General Training or Academic, it is vital for you to practise Writing task 2 – essays passionately, as it carries more score than the task 1. We, at AskLearning – Kochi have put down these recent questions that our students have shared from their IELTS Test attempts from Jan 2019 to May 2019 that would give you a clear understanding to train yourself better and to have an idea of the trend that the IELTS exam is following. We hope you write these essays with effective vocabulary, structured pointers and achieve the task objective.
Here are the recent Essay Questions for IELTS – Jan to May 2019
- Most of the people nowadays prefer to choose packaged food or ready to eat food than cooking themselves. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
- Some people think that the position at work should determine the amount of holidays you receive. Some others feel that regardless of the job they do, one should receive equal number of holidays as others. What is your opinion on this? Do you agree or disagree to the statement?
- Some think that people are responsible for the solution to the problem of pollution caused by transportation. Others think that the government alone has a role to curb this altogether. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Most of the people think that high-end technology can prevent and cut down the rate of crime. Many others feel that technology has caused crime commitments to increase. Do you agree or disagree with this?
- Most of the youngsters are leaving country side to live and work in cities and towns, leaving old people alone in the countryside. What could be the problems of such a change? What can be done to solve this problem?
- A large part of the population thinks that advertising affects the customers in a negative way. Many think that is not the case. What extent do you agree or disagree with this?
- Some people say that family influences a child the most in his development. Others say that factors like peers and television play a bigger role these days. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
- Some believe that giving children pocket money is good for their personal development and as they grow into adults, they will learn better to manage money and they will have less issues with money management. Do you think is a positive or a negative development?
- The gap between the rich and poor people is increasing. What do you think are the reasons for it? What solutions can you suggest?
- Some people think that using animals for food and transportation should be banned. On the other hand, other people believe that using animals for meat and experimentation is fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- It is often said that government spends so much money on projects related to wildlife protection, while there are other problems that are now important. Do you agree or disagree?
- A lot of people are concerned about being over-weight. Some believe that increasing the price of junk food could mitigate the use of it? To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- In many countries people are choosing to live an unhealthy way. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to tackle this issue?
- Do the benefits of international exchange visits for teenage students outweigh its disadvantages? Some argue on its benefits. Discuss both sides.
- Consuming sugar is harmful for human health. Some think that it is the government’s responsibility to limit sugar intake, while others think that it is an individual’s responsibility to limit his or her amount of sugar consumption. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Hope these help. I would like to share a set of vocabulary that can help these fifteen essay topics be expressed in a structural and cohesive manner. Please follow my next blog for the same.